[NatureNS] showy and yellow lady's slippers

Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2014 16:09:12 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Phil Schappert <philjs@eastlink.ca>

>Are the showies in bloom now in Smiley's Park?  What about the
>yellow ones?  Gypsum Mines?  Smiley's?  I would appreciate it
>greatly if someone could tell me where to find these.

I visited both places on Monday the 23rd, Jane. There were still a
few (half a dozen that I spotted) yellow lady's-slippers along the
path into the gypsum flats/pond at exit 5 but the ones on the flats
are long past. They will be waning now, I'm sure. The showy
lady's-slippers, however, were still in bud, two of them with large
buds showing pink that I expect bloomed the next day, so they should
be blooming now. I'm going back there myself tomorrow to get some
photos...

Phil

--

Phil Schappert, PhD

27 Clovis Ave.
Halifax, NS, B3P 1J3
902-460-8343 (cell)

philschappert.com
imaginaturestudio.ca
philschappert.ca

"Just let imagination lead, reality will follow through..."
                                        (Michael Hedges)