[NatureNS] warbler nest

From: Nancy P Dowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 17:03:41 -0300
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

I would try to leave it alone until the egg hatches. Since your brother knows where the nest is it will be easy to tell by observation. Birds seem more likely to abandon eggs if disturbed too often, but rarely desert nestlings.

Of course, distant observations are always best at any time. Predators (squirrels, jays, crows etc) are so quick to key into what humans are doing and investigate.

Nancy

Sent from my iPhone