[NatureNS] weird sea creature i.d.

From: Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 16:47:22 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Sounds to me more like a sea cucumber, perhaps, which are known to eviscerate themselves when severely threatened, to produce oodles of long skinny whitish “guts”.  But what was it doing off the bottom? Quite possibly it was accidentally jigged rather than actually went for a bait?  Cheers from Jim in Wolfville.