[NatureNS] CARP Wood Turtle project

Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 19:01:27 -0300
From: Don MacNeill <donmacneill@bellaliant.net>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--------------020305030500080501040602

Hi Dave.  I assume that C.A.R.P would only be interested in older turtles.

Don

Don MacNeill donmacneill@bellaliant.net
On 13/07/2014 11:47 AM, David & Alison Webster wrote:
> Dear All, July 13, 2014
>    There was a good article in Friday's paper (Annapolis Valley
> section so perhaps absent in some issues) on a CARP Wood Turtle
> conservation.project funded by Environment Canada, the Nova Scotia
> Habitat Conservation Fund and Acadian Wildlife Federation.
>
> http://thechronicleherald.ca/community/annapolis-valley/1221823-protecting-species-at-risk
>

>    They, among other activities, install grates to protect nests from
> raccoons, monitor hatching and by community outreach increase public
> awareness. Highway shoulder banks are reshaped at intervals and
> without wide public awareness there could be significant destruction
> of nests when this is done.
>
>    Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville

--------------020305030500080501040602

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
        that </font>C.A.R.P would only be interested in older turtles.<br>
      Don<br>
        donmacneill@bellaliant.net</div>
      On 13/07/2014 11:47 AM, David &amp; Alison Webster wrote:<br>
      type="cite">Dear All,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
      July 13, 2014
      &nbsp;&nbsp; There was a good article in Friday's paper (Annapolis Valley
      section so perhaps absent in some issues) on a CARP Wood Turtle
      conservation.project funded by Environment Canada, the Nova Scotia
      Habitat Conservation Fund and Acadian Wildlife Federation.
http://thechronicleherald.ca/community/annapolis-valley/1221823-protecting-species-at-risk
      &nbsp;&nbsp; They, among other activities, install grates to protect nests
      from raccoons, monitor hatching and by community outreach increase
      public awareness. Highway shoulder banks are reshaped at intervals
      and without wide public awareness there could be significant
      destruction of nests when this is done.
      &nbsp;&nbsp; Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville <br>

--------------020305030500080501040602--