[NatureNS] Re: Lupins

Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 09:13:34 -0400
From: Fred Schueler <bckcdb@istar.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

	width:1.4em;=
On 7/19/2014 6:09 AM, David Patriquin wrote:

> I wouldn't touch our wild lupins here!

* I will succomb to the temptation to paste in here a verse I wrote last
summer in response to a naturopathic e-mail warning that the seeds of
New Brunswick's favourite invasive plant are toxic:

The toxic Lupine bean is found on the New Brunswick shore.
It causes them to retch and scream and more and more and more...
If you should eat a Lupine bean on the New Brunswick shore,
I'd need to call the medics out from Saint John once more...
So please sweep up those Lupine beans from the New Brunswick shore.
I've slipped & twisted both my knees where you spilled them on the floor.

fred.

--
          Frederick W. Schueler & Aleta Karstad
Vulnerable Watersheds - http://vulnerablewaters.blogspot.ca/