[NatureNS] Common Nighthawks, Bedford (again)

Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2014 23:18:50 -0300
From: <plchalmers@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

Sunday evening (3 August) , shortly before 6 p.m., while driving along the Bedford Highway, I saw several Common Nighthawks in flight.  I never saw more than one at a time, but there seemed to be always one in view ahead of me from Mount Saint Vincent to Prince's Lodge.  So perhaps there was a movement of them.

To follow on this earlier report  below, I continued to hear and sometimes see 2 nighthawks almost every evening until 19 July.

Patricia L. Chalmers
Halifax