[NatureNS] woodpeckers & bird-house holes

From: Randy Lauff <randy.lauff@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 15:35:33 -0300
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--001a1134ab00aba5b90500eba43e

Interesting thought, Andrew. That shot was from about 10 years ago, but I
think I remember the extension as more woodpecker-like chunks as opposed to
clawings. And, although there are a few raccoons up that way, I'd still
think it more likely to be the doings of a Flicker (many of whom have
roosted in my boxes, but never nested).

Randy

_________________________________
RF Lauff
Way in the boonies of
Antigonish County, NS.

On 18 August 2014 15:14, Hebda, Andrew J <HEBDAAJ@gov.ns.ca> wrote:

> The Wreck Cove image... raccoon sitting on the top of the box?

ay, I&#39;d still think it more likely to be the doings of a Flicker (many =
of whom have roosted in my boxes, but never nested).<div>

of<br>Antigonish County, NS.</div>
ote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex=
">

The Wreck Cove image... raccoon sitting on the top of the box?<br>
A<br>
From: <a href=3D"mailto:naturens-owner@chebucto.ns.ca">naturens-owner@chebu=
cto.ns.ca</a> [<a href=3D"mailto:naturens-owner@chebucto.ns.ca">naturens-ow=
ner@chebucto.ns.ca</a>] on behalf of Randy Lauff [<a href=3D"mailto:randy.l=