[NatureNS] an introduced Spider Wasp

From: nancy dowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 11:06:52 -0300
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

This small Spider Wasp (Pompilidae) has been IDed as possibly the introduced Auplopus carbonarius on BugGuide:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/92981528@N08/14807013210/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/92981528@N08/14807059938/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/92981528@N08/14807129307/

Later, when I read the info page for this genus (http://bugguide.net/node/view/7639), the Habitat section said "[m]ost are found in woods but females are often found around and even in old houses". This fits perfectly as I found it on the interior side of a window of this 1829 home in Lunenburg, where I live. So the suggested ID may be correct.

Does anyone know if this introduced species is common in NS? BugGuide only has images from Ontario and Quebec http://bugguide.net/node/view/136330/data

Nancy