[NatureNS] Re: [NS-RBA] Hartlen Point, HRM - Use of property

Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 15:20:50 -0300
From: Keith Lowe <mythos25@live.com>
To: David Currie <david_currie@ns.sympatico.ca>,

--------------080209040204060505060403

Great news; that was some fine diplomacy. I was worried we might lose=20
access. Thanks very much to DND too.

Keith Lowe

On 2014-08-27 3:03 PM, 'David Currie' david_currie@ns.sympatico.ca=20
[NS-RBA] wrote:

> Over the last month, a number of NSBS members have been asked not to=20
> use many of the walking trails that have been traditionally used for=20
> birding and hiking, especially East and South of the Golf Club. As=20
> many know, these areas are posted with no trespassing signs but we=20
> have always enjoyed a =93free pass=94 with no questions asked. Recently=
=20
> with the new radar towers and a large theft of valuable equipment, the=20
> area has been guarded and birders have to asked to leave or not enter=20
> due to the resulting sensitivities.
> After a letter or two on behalf of the Nova Scotia Bird Society over=20
> the last few weeks to the Base Commander, I received notice today that=20
> we have been given express consent to use all areas we traditionally=20
> used on the property. This includes permission to take photos on their=20
> property. This doesn=92t mean that people won=92t be asked to identify=20
> themselves or asked to leave if there are military operations taking=20
> place so I would ask all members to respect any direction you are=20
> given by officials. It is helpful to introduce yourselves to any=20
> Commissionaire or Security person who you may encounter. I=92m told that=
=20
> all Military police, Commissionaires and security personnel have been=20
> made aware that we (NSBS members) have been given special permission.
> I must say, that Department of National Defence have been exceedingly=20
> helpful and I=92m sure I can speak for all who use this area, I am very=
=20
> grateful for their consideration.
> David Currie
>
> __._,_.___
_ylc=3DX3oDMTJxNThuZ2ZsBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzcwNjQ5NzcEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1=
MDY1Nzg3BG1zZ0lkAzEwOTAxBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3JwbHkEc3RpbWUDMTQwOTE2MjYzMw--?ac=
t=3Dreply&messageNum=3D10901>=20
> 	=95 	Reply to sender=20
> <mailto:david_currie@ns.sympatico.ca?subject=3DRe%3A%20Hartlen%20Point%2C=
%20HRM%20-%20Use%20of%20property>=20
> 	=95 	Reply to group=20
> <mailto:NS-RBA@yahoogroups.com?subject=3DRe%3A%20Hartlen%20Point%2C%20HRM=
%20-%20Use%20of%20property>=20
> 	=95 	Start a New Topic=20
> <https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/NS-RBA/conversations/newtopic;_ylc=
=3DX3oDMTJlcG9yZmNkBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzcwNjQ5NzcEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY1=
Nzg3BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA250cGMEc3RpbWUDMTQwOTE2MjYzMw-->=20
> 	=95 	Messages in this topic=20
> <https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/NS-RBA/conversations/topics/10901;_y=
lc=3DX3oDMTM2cXE5NDJpBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzcwNjQ5NzcEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MD=
Y1Nzg3BG1zZ0lkAzEwOTAxBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTQwOTE2MjYzMwR0cGNJZ=
AMxMDkwMQ-->=20
> (1)
>
> Visit Your Group=20
> <https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/NS-RBA/info;_ylc=3DX3oDMTJlNGswdXAwB=
F9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzcwNjQ5NzcEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY1Nzg3BHNlYwN2dGwEc2xr=
A3ZnaHAEc3RpbWUDMTQwOTE2MjYzMw-->=20

>   * New Members
>     <https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/NS-RBA/members/all;_ylc=3DX3oDMT=
JmN2lncDFqBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzcwNjQ5NzcEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY1Nzg3BHNlY=
wN2dGwEc2xrA3ZtYnJzBHN0aW1lAzE0MDkxNjI2MzM->
>     2
>
> Yahoo! Groups=20
> <https://groups.yahoo.com/neo;_ylc=3DX3oDMTJkczBkcHI2BF9TAzk3NDc2NTkwBGdy=
cElkAzcwNjQ5NzcEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY1Nzg3BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2dmcARzdGltZQMxNDA=
5MTYyNjMz>=20

> =95 Privacy=20
> <https://info.yahoo.com/privacy/us/yahoo/groups/details.html> =95=20
> Unsubscribe=20
> <mailto:NS-RBA-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=3DUnsubscribe> =95=20
> Terms of Use <https://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/terms/>
>
> .
>
> __,_._,___

--------------080209040204060505060403

  <head>
      http-equiv=3D"Content-Type">
  </head>
      diplomacy. I was worried we might lose access. Thanks very much to
      DND too.<br>
      Keith Lowe<br>
      On 2014-08-27 3:03 PM, 'David Currie' <a class=3D"moz-txt-link-abbrev=
iated" href=3D"mailto:david_currie@ns.sympatico.ca">david_currie@ns.sympati=
co.ca</a>
      [NS-RBA] wrote:<br>
      type=3D"cite"> <span style=3D"display:none">=A0</span>
      <!--~-|**|PrettyHtmlStartT|**|-~-->
          <!--~-|**|PrettyHtmlEndT|**|-~-->
                #000000;">
                  been asked not to use many of the walking trails that
                  have been traditionally used for birding and hiking,
                  especially East and South of the Golf Club. As many
                  know, these areas are posted with no trespassing signs
                  but we have always enjoyed a =93free pass=94 with no
                  questions asked. Recently with the new radar towers
                  and a large theft of valuable equipment, the area has
                  been guarded and birders have to asked to leave or not
                  enter due to the resulting sensitivities.=A0 </div>
                  Bird Society over the last few weeks to the Base
                  Commander, I received notice today that we have been
                  given express consent to use all areas we
                  traditionally used on the property. This includes
                  permissio