[NatureNS] Take a Moment for Reflection for the passenger pigeon

From: Donna Crossland <dcrossland@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2014 09:05:16 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_0069_01CFC5C3.D948B870

Paul:  Thanks for bringing some attention to this excellent article on the
passenger pigeon and its 'phases' of extinction.  There was another
interesting paper published ~ 10 yrs ago on the great beech groves we once
had and the dependence of the passenger pigeon on those forests.   It's hard
to envision our forests with so much healthy beech and these massive flocks
of pigeons-so many roosting in the beech groves as to be its own disturbance
agent!

Please forward me your article as well.

Thanks

Donna Crossland