[NatureNS] Himalayan Balsam (alien touch-me-not) in Wolfville

Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 19:13:13 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Phil Schappert <philjs@eastlink.ca>

Highway 3, 2.3 km SSW Ingrahamport River bridge. (
At 5:59 PM -0400 9/2/14, Fred Schueler wrote:
>You'll see that we use "Pink Jewelweed" as the common name - made up
>by us in Toronto long before we knew of "Himalayan Balsam" or the
>unfortunate British moniker "Policeman's Helmet.'

There's a persistent, but controlled, stand of this species at the
beginning of the McIntosh Run Trail here in Spryfield. The native
species is abundant along the trail...

Phil

--

Phil Schappert, PhD

27 Clovis Ave.
Halifax, NS, B3P 1J3
902-460-8343 (cell)

philschappert.ca
imaginaturestudio.ca
imaginaturestudio.blogspot.ca
philschappert.com

"Just let imagination lead, reality will follow through..."
                                        (Michael Hedges)