[NatureNS] bee with mites

From: Randy Lauff <randy.lauff@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 14:23:13 -0300
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--001a11c2e77271332605022c7f38

All,

Last night, at my UV light trap, I caught a bee. Bees are not common at all
at night. I don't know what kind of bee this is yet.

http://people.stfx.ca/rlauff/personel/recent.html

There are three pictures there, but the third is most interesting to
me...loads of mites on the underside of this animal...they went right down
from the face to the thorax. It seems that at least on the face, the bee
should be able to preen them away...but maybe they're there for some
mutually beneficial reason?

Randy
_________________________________
RF Lauff
Way in the boonies of
Antigonish County, NS.

--001a11c2e77271332605022c7f38

 caught a bee. Bees are not common at all at night. I don&#39;t know what k=
tfx.ca/rlauff/personel/recent.html">http://people.stfx.ca/rlauff/personel/r=
ecent.html</a></div>

nteresting to me...loads of mites on the underside of this animal...they we=
nt right down from the face to the thorax. It seems that at least on the fa=
ce, the bee should be able to preen them away...but maybe they&#39;re there=
 for some mutually beneficial reason?</div>

--001a11c2e77271332605022c7f38--