[NatureNS] Re: Wild Cucumber reaction

From: darrell@abolitphotos.ca
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2014 00:23:42 +0100

11pt"&gt;&amp;nbs
This message is in MIME format.

--=_6ijnunc8isjh

I had a friend who got pricked by a wild cucumber seed pod and had a
fairly severe reaction.
  =C2=A0
  He got pricked on the face and that same night both legs became
totally=C2=A0inflamed with red blotches with bad itch.
  =C2=A0
  After he told me I went into the area to see if there was poison ivy
or stinging nettle but neither were present. There was wild cucumber in
the alders and his saying he got pricked on the face which brought
blood it is no doubt the wild cucumber that did it.
  =C2=A0
  After searching there are cases of this happening but does not seem
to be any scientific research, just personal stories.
  =C2=A0
  I have been in it before, tore apart old pods but mostly the areas
are too thick to enter anyway.
  =C2=A0
  Beware of wild cucumber pods!!!
  =C2=A0
  Maybe somebody here knows something more definite about the exact
toxin, one result said it was similar to stinging nettle.
  =C2=A0
  All the best,
  Darrell

  =C2=A0

--=_6ijnunc8isjh

This message is in MIME format.

--=_6wmixao7rny5

=3DUTF-8"
p>I had
a friend who got pricked by a wild cucumber seed pod and had a fairly sever=
reaction.</p>
totally=C2=A0inflamed with red blotches with bad itch. </p>
stinging nettle but neither were present. There was wild cucumber in the al=
ders
and his saying he got pricked on the face which brought blood it is no doub=
t the
wild cucumber that did it.</p>
e any
scientific research, just personal stories.</p>
oo
thick to enter anyway.</p>
 one
result said it was similar to stinging nettle.</p>
--=_6wmixao7rny5--

--=_6ijnunc8isjh--