[NatureNS] re fishes, St Margarets Bay

From: Nancy P Dowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 17:10:33 -0300
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

            &lt;div&gt;&lt;font size="3"&gt;There were a number of Gannets who

--Apple-Mail-A00292E7-BFA4-4689-A3E2-692FDF2581A7

I also got your original message Peter. But gmail had put it in the "spam" f=
older. I often find emails that are not spam in this folder along with lots t=
hat are. I add the email addresses, such as yours, to "my contacts" so they a=
re put in the inbox and not considered spam.=20

It is always worth checking the spam (or junk or whatever) folder to check i=
f  you are missing desired emails. All
Mail programs should work roughly the same way.=20

Nancy

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 9, 2014, at 4:01 PM, Don MacNeill <donmacneill@bellaliant.net> wrot=
e:
>=20
> I did see this Peter.  Perhaps your own computer considers you "scam" and d=
eletes it.
>=20
> Don
>=20
> Don MacNeill donmacneill@bellaliant.net
>> On 09/09/2014 3:53 PM, Hubcove@aol.com wrote:
>> Interesting to see my old message posted. I sent a recent fishing message=
 but for some reason it did not get through although I tried twice at the we=
ekend.  It went as follows
>> =20
>> "Fished the mouth of the bay yesterday for the first time in weeks.
>> Mackerel were hard to find but Cod were plentiful. Most in the 4 and 5 lb=
 range but a couple near 10lbs.
>> Only sea mammals were a solitary Minke, a couple of dolphins at a distanc=
e so couldn't identify, and a couple of seals.
>> There were a number of Gannets who were finding small fish."
>> =20
>> There have been some good catches of Mackerel this year but very localize=
d probably because of               the feed whatever that might be. The cod=
 we caught were mostly feeding on Pouts and small crustaceans as well other s=
maller fish.One of the bigger ones however disgorged what appeared to be a j=
uvenile wolf fish almost half it's size.
>> =20
>> Peter Stow
>> Hubbards
>> =20
>> =20
>> In a message dated 2014-09-09 1:20:32 P.M. Atlantic Daylight Time, jimwol=
ford@eastlink.ca writes:
>> Thanks, Mike! from Jim  et al.
>>=20
>> Begin forwarded message:
>>=20
>>> From: Mike Dadswell <mike.dadswell@acadiau.ca>
>>> Subject: RE: St Margarets Bay
>>> Date: September 9, 2014 at 11:24:14 AM ADT
>>> To: 'Jim Wolford' <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
>>> Cc: 'John Gilhen' <GILHENJA@gov.ns.ca>
>>>=20
>>> Jim
>>>     If the small bait fish could jump 2 feet at the surface they were no=
t gaspereau, which rarely jump.  Possibly butterfish, one of the small macke=
rel species (Bigeye scad, other scads) or small saurys.  All would be moving=
 past eastern NS now southward.  I have caught most of them in Mahone Bay in=
 various years.
>>> =20
>>> Mike Dadswell=20
>>> =20
ance to the bay as well as some nice cod. Interesting to see formations of b=
ait fish jumping on the surface to escape large feeding Mackerel. Not sure w=
hat they were, perhaps small Gaspereau, but they could make repeated jumps o=
f about  2 feet.
>>> There were no Gannets up in the bay and only a couple of adults passing a=
t the entrance.
>>> Peter Stow
>>> Hubbards
>>=20
>> =3D
>=20

--Apple-Mail-A00292E7-BFA4-4689-A3E2-692FDF2581A7

        Peter.&nbsp; Perhaps your own computer considers you "scam" and
        deletes it.<br>
        Don<br>
        donmacneill@bellaliant.net</div>
      On 09/09/2014 3:53 PM, Hubcove@aol.com wrote:<br>
            sent a recent fishing message but for some reason it did not
            get through although I tried twice at the weekend.&nbsp; It went
            as follows</font></div>
              the first time in weeks.</font></div>
              plentiful. Most in the 4 and 5 lb range but a couple near
              10lbs.</font></d