[NatureNS] Atlantic Film Festival - Emptying the Skies

From: "David Currie" <david_currie@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "NatureNS" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 21:41:29 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01CFCE09.256139B0

Thought I would pass this along for those that may be interested. They are =
looking for an audience and membership to NSBS would not be compulsory. Dave

Dear Nova Scotia Bird Society,=20

My name is Jason Beaudry and I am the Program Director for the 34th Atlanti=
c Film Festival, taking place September 11 to 18. We have a film screening =
taking place on September 14, EMPTYING THE SKIES, that I feel may be of int=
erest to your organization. This is a rare opportunity to see this film on =
the big screen. More information about EMPTYING THE SKIES can be found at t=
he following link:

http://atlantic.festivalgenius.com/2014/films/emptyingtheskies_douglaskass_=
atlantic2014

Based on a magazine essay written by best-selling novelist Jonathan Franzen=
 for The New Yorker and widely republished around the world, Emptying the S=
kies chronicles the rampant poaching of migratory songbirds in southern Eur=
ope. Songbird populations have been drastically declining for several decad=
es, and a number of species face extinction imminently. The film explores t=
he wonder of these tiny globe-flying marvels, and follows an intrepid squad=
 of pan-European bird-lovers who risk their lives waging a secret war again=
st poachers.

We have a number of options for buying tickets and there are group rates. Y=
ou can buy online or you can reach our box office at (902) 422-3456.=20

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01CFCE09.256139B0

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV><FONT style=3D'face: "Times' New roman?>Thought I would pass this alon=
g for=20
those that may be interested. They are looking for an audience and membersh=
ip to=20
NSBS would not be compulsory. Dave</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT style=3D'face: "Times' New roman?></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT style=3D'face: "Times' New roman?>Dear Nova Scotia Bird Society,=
=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV style=3D"WORD-WRAP: break-word">&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"WORD-WRAP: break-word"><FONT style=3D'face: "Times' New roman=
?>My name=20
is Jason Beaudry and I am the Program Director for the 34th Atlantic Film=
=20
Festival, taking place September 11 to 18. We have a film screening taking =
place=20
on September 14, EMPTYING THE SKIES, that I feel may be of interest to your=
=20
organization. This is a rare opportunity to see this film on the big screen=
.=20
More information about EMPTYING THE SKIES can be found at the following=20
link:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV style=3D"WORD-WRAP: break-word">&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"WORD-WRAP: break-word"><A=20
style=3D'href: "http://atlantic.festivalgenius.com/2014/films/emptyingthesk=
ies_douglaskass_atlantic2014"'=20
href=3D"http://atlantic.festivalgenius.com/2014/films/emptyingtheskies_doug=
laskass_atlantic2014"><font color=3D"red"><b>MailScanner has detected a pos=
sible fraud attempt from "atlantic.festivalgenius.com" claiming to be</b></=
font> <FONT=20
style=3D'face: "Times' New=20
roman?>http://atlantic.festivalgenius.com/2014/films/emptyingtheskies_dougl=
askass_atlantic2014</FONT></A></DIV>
<DIV style=3D"WORD-WRAP: break-word"><FONT style=3D'face: "Times' New=20
roman?></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"WORD-WRAP: break-word"><FONT style=3D'face: "Times' New roman=
?><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman">Based on a magazine essay written by best-selling=
=20
novelist Jonathan Franzen for The New Yorker and widely republished around =
the=20
world, Emptying the Skies chronicles the rampant poaching of migratory song=
birds=20
in southern Europe. Songbird populations have been drastically declining fo=
r=20
several decades, and a number of species face extinction imminently. The fi=
lm=20
explores the wonder of these tiny globe-flying marvels, and follows an intr=
epid=20
squad of pan-European bird-lovers who risk their lives waging a secret war=
=20
against poachers.</FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV style=3D"WORD-WRAP: break-word">&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"WORD-WRAP: break-word"><FONT style=3D'face: "Times' New roman=
?>We have=20
a number of options for buying tickets and there are group rates. You can b=
uy=20
online or you can reach our box office at (902) 422-3456. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000">&nbsp;</D=