[NatureNS] Dry Pine cones while the sun shines

From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: NatureNS@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 17:03:19 -0300

Dear All,                                                            Sept
20, 2014
    Today at North Alton I noticed a curious feature. 300-400 pine cones
carefully spread out on the ground  near a Squirrel feeding stump (turned up
by wind). The nearest Pine tree was about 40 paces away and I assume these
cones were gathered and spread in the open so they would dry somewhat before
being packed under some shelter for winter use.

Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville