[NatureNS] Strange squirrel behaviour - NYC

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2014 13:10:19 -0300

Yes, for sure Squirrels will eat meat. Not only do they rob bird nests for
eggs, they take young and feed on them. I have seen this. I have seen them
take away chunks of my seed cakes that are suet and that has meat scraps in
it. As to the situation you saw, I don't suppose we'll ever know. It can be
an eye opener when you watch the food chains. Marg Millard, White Point,
Queens