[NatureNS] White Point birds

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2014 13:57:36 -0300

Slowly we are getting back into the swing of things with the birds around
here. I was feeling distinctly abandoned! Today a number of song sparrows,
some chickadees and a number of Jays are working the feeders and the trees.
Blue Jays are giving up the battle with the most industrious Squirrel we've
had. It is amazing to see how that creature maneuvers through the maples
over to the oak and all about the yard collecting acorns, quince,  grapes, a
small apple or two and what he gets from the feeder. I'm getting very
curious about the storage areas that are very close by. I think I might
check the attic.
A couple Orioles showed up this am. Juveniles I expect. Our grapes are still
hard, they didn't bloom until mid July, and not at all appetizing. The
Northern Kiwi down back supplies some interest but the Chinese one in the
grape arbor didn't produce a single kiwi this year. At lunch time a couple
purple finches came through. I think there were more up top and these were
just scouting.  Best regards, Marg Millard, White Point, Queens

Marg Millard
19 White Point 2 Rd.,
White Point, Queens Co.,
R.R. # 1 Hunts Point,