[NatureNS] Peepers still peeping, and Fall Foliage

Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 0:12:49 -0300
From: <plchalmers@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Cc: nancy dowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>

There was a single Spring Peeper calling tonight at my parents' place in Bedford.

My brother was remarking  that the leaves seem to be hanging on, and some are even still green, later than usual.  Perhaps a week or more later.  I had been thinking the same thing.  Right now it looks to me more like mid-October than the end of October.  Does anyone else have this impression?

Patricia L. Chalmers
Halifax