[NatureNS] question re plurals of bird names?? (from nitpicker Jim)

From: "andy dean" <aadean@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 18:46:03 -0400

With all due respect Jim...and I mean that...I always appreciate your
constuctive criticism...(or should that be criticisms?) ....but...  ."Get a
life! "
Whether it is grammatically correct or not doesn't really matter. If I tell
you I saw six  woodcock or six woodcocks you have the information .....and I
am sure the birds don't give a hoot!  ....unless they are Owls.....( Am I
correct in capitalizing " Owls? )..., and is it Barred Owls, or Barred owls
.....and whichever it is, somebody is out there trying to change it I guess
....maybe to Forsyth Owl, or whatever.
  Andy