[NatureNS] Wooly Bear Caterpillars

From: nancy dowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 16:00:20 -0400
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Angus

Here is an Isabella Tiger Moth I photographed in mid-July of this year in E Dalhousie, Kings Co. So best keep searching for one beyond May/early June 2015. Perhaps not all Pyrrharctia isabella caterpillars overwinter at the same stage? This was the first and only one of these moths I have ever seen and I saw no more of them this summer:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/92981528@N08/14662009166/

But the number of images on BugGuide suggest they are very common moths, somewhere.

Nancy