[NatureNS] House Sparrows in Findlay Park, Dartmouth

Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2014 22:32:06 -0400
From: Lois Codling <loiscodling@hfx.eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--Boundary_(ID_oKSbPorXzM94A3am2UYEQQ)

We have a small flock of House Sparrows here in L. Sackville - they
return every fall about this time and disappear in the spring (for their
nesting sites in the light fixtures around the local Superstore,
maybe).  Don't know how many are here this winter, somewhere around
10-12.  Unfortunately they displace our Song Sparrows when they arrive.

Lois Codling

On 16/11/2014 1:01 PM, Dave&Jane Schlosberg wrote:
> At noon today, I saw numerous house sparrows in the dense bushes at
> the waterfall in Findlay Park (between Sullivan’s Pond and Lake MicMac).
> They were eating the little red berries there.
> It’s the first time I’ve seen them there in maybe 4 or five years!
> In the many years previous, these birds were there in enormous numbers
> always making quite a racket.
> Has anyone else seen a surge in house sparrow numbers in metro recently?
> Yours for a sunny winter like today,
> Dave Schlosberg

--Boundary_(ID_oKSbPorXzM94A3am2UYEQQ)

  <head>
  </head>
    We have a small flock of House Sparrows here in L. Sackville - they
    return every fall about this time and disappear in the spring (for
    their nesting sites in the light fixtures around the local
    Superstore, maybe).  Don't know how many are here this winter,
    somewhere around 10-12.  Unfortunately they displace our Song
    Sparrows when they arrive.<br>
    Lois Codling<br>
      Schlosberg wrote:<br>
      type="cite">
          #000000">
            bushes at the waterfall in Findlay Park (between Sullivan’s
            Pond and Lake MicMac).</div>
            five years!</div>
            enormous numbers always making quite a racket.</div>
            metro recently?</div>

--Boundary_(ID_oKSbPorXzM94A3am2UYEQQ)--