[NatureNS] Blue Jays

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 15:05:12 -0400

They cleaned a 2 litre juice container made into a bird feeder, in less than
3 hours. I am afraid to put out the suet cakes! Marg M, WP, Q
We have a solitary Evening Grosbeak, female or juvenile, they tried to push
around. It didn't take any guff! We have a few sparrows and they get fed
elsewhere where the mourning doves prefer to go. That septic mound is a
great spot for them.
Hordes here too, Marg and voracious isn't the word.  They will finish a suet
block in hours and empty my feeders just as fast!  The smaller birds don't
have a chance.

Ken MacAulay
Port Mouton, NS