[NatureNS] Re: Unknown Empidonax in Greenwich, Kings Co.

Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2014 11:04:15 -0400
From: Rick Whitman <dendroica.caerulescens@gmail.com>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--001a11c12e6a373ba0050951281c

Just a quick update: Six birders searched very thoroughly for this bird
from 8-9:30 or so, most of that under no precip conditions. The bird was
not re-found. It still appears to be a super-interesting bird. We will
update asap if anyone re-finds this bird.

Regards,
Rick Whitman

On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 7:24 AM, Rick Whitman <
dendroica.caerulescens@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yesterday morning (Dec. 2) Bernard Forsythe found an Empidonax flycatcher
> on Harold Forsyth's farm at #10120 Rte #1, Greenwich. Harold & I joined
> Bernard after lunch, refinding the bird twice. Harold & I both obtained
> photos, ID-assist photos, not beautiful photos. Mine are here:
>

> http://rickwhitman.smugmug.com/Nature/Birds-October-December-2014/i-dprmmJt/A
>
> The top experts in NS have said this may be a Least, a Dusky, or a Gray
> Flycatcher. The latter would be a NS first and Dusky would be awesome. This
> bird flicked its tail CONSTANTLY ! Along with the colours, this forces one
> to consider Gray. But maybe it's a freezing Least generating heat ?
>
> Some of us will look for this bird first thing this morning. Harold is
> very open to birders. Everyone: Do NOT push this bird right out of sight.
> The superb photo or view does not justify that.
>
> Regards,
> Rick Whitman, for Bernard & Harold.

--001a11c12e6a373ba0050951281c

for this bird from 8-9:30 or so, most of that under no precip conditions. T=
he bird was not re-found. It still appears to be a super-interesting bird. =
ass=3D"gmail_quote">On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 7:24 AM, Rick Whitman <span dir=
=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:dendroica.caerulescens@gmail.com" target=3D"=
te class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc so=
lid;padding-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"ltr">Yesterday morning (Dec. 2) Bernard F=
orsythe found an=A0Empidonax flycatcher on Harold Forsyth&#39;s farm at #10=
120 Rte #1, Greenwich. Harold &amp; I joined Bernard after lunch, refinding=
 the bird twice. Harold &amp; I both obtained photos, ID-assist photos, not=
whitman.smugmug.com/Nature/Birds-October-December-2014/i-dprmmJt/A" target=
=3D"_blank">http://rickwhitman.smugmug.com/Nature/Birds-October-December-20=