[NatureNS] Antigonish CBC

From: Randy Lauff <randy.lauff@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 17:57:03 -0400
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--001a11c3181294aebe050a3436b4

All,

We just finished the wrap-up for the Antigonish CBC, the migrant
Haligonians are on there way home as I write this; thanks especially to
them and of course to our regulars who participated. The weather was
gloomy...drizzle about half the day, cloudy and cool all day.

There are still a few groups and all feederwatchers to report in, but the
general consensus was that numbers (both species and abundance) were down.
This is the first year that we got no loons and no grebes and no cormorants.

I have a feederwatcher who reported both Merlin and Red-bellied Woodpecker
and WW Crossbill, the day before the count week...so hopefully those hung
on. A lone *CHIPPING SPARROW* (photographed) was a treat...it may be a
first for our count, I have the data at home. Two *Sanderling* were found,
only the second occurrence on our CBC. We had more Pine Siskin than Common
Redpoll, unusual.

I'll post a more complete report when I have all the data.

Randy

_________________________________
RF Lauff
Way in the boonies of
Antigonish County, NS.

--001a11c3181294aebe050a3436b4

he Antigonish CBC, the migrant Haligonians are on there way home as I write=
 this; thanks especially to them and of course to our regulars who particip=
ated. The weather was gloomy...drizzle about half the day, cloudy and cool =
erwatchers to report in, but the general consensus was that numbers (both s=
pecies and abundance) were down. This is the first year that we got no loon=
watcher who reported both Merlin and Red-bellied Woodpecker and WW Crossbil=
l, the day before the count week...so hopefully those hung on. A lone <b>CH=
IPPING SPARROW</b>=C2=A0(photographed) was a treat...it may be a first for =
our count, I have the data at home. Two <b>Sanderling</b>=C2=A0were found, =
only the second occurrence on our CBC. We had more Pine Siskin than Common =
 County, NS.</div></div>

--001a11c3181294aebe050a3436b4--