[NatureNS] Birds At Eastern Passage

From: <pwmurray.murray911@gmail.com>
To: "NatureNS" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 18:54:02 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01D034E2.7552FA90

2015-Jan-20
11:00 hrs.

No sign of the Eurasian Kestrel this morning at Hartlen Point (while I =
was there) but there was a Bald Eagle on the beach.  A Northern Harrier =
made a low pass along the beach towards Eastern Passage and I was =
surprised by a Dovekie near the beach at the Coast Guard Radio Shack =
=E2=80=93 It flushed and flew right over my head.  I got a photo but he =
was faster than me and my camera so image is dodgy!  At =
Fisherman=E2=80=99s Cove there was a lone Long-tailed Duck.

On the 15th I got my first sighting and pictures of the Eurasian Kestrel =
=E2=80=93 thanks to Alain from Moncton=E2=80=99s suburb eyesight!  On =
the same day I made some close photos of one of the Snowy Owls as he =
flew over my head.  He had been sitting on one of the cone-shaped white =
insulators behind the Coast Guard Radio Shack when he was motivated to =
move by another photographer!

Pictures of above birds at:

http://scranlocker.smugmug.com/Nature/Nature-2015/n-3GtBJ

Paul Murray
Dartmouth
------=_NextPart_000_0010_01D034E2.7552FA90

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>2015-Jan-20</DIV>
<DIV>11:00 hrs.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>No sign of the Eurasian Kestrel this morning at Hartlen Point =
(while I was=20
there) but there was a <STRONG>Bald Eagle</STRONG> on the beach.&nbsp; A =

<STRONG>Northern Harrier</STRONG> made a low pass along the beach =
towards=20
Eastern Passage and I was surprised by a <STRONG>Dovekie</STRONG> near =
the beach=20
at the Coast Guard Radio Shack =E2=80=93 It flushed and flew right over =
my head.&nbsp; I=20
got a photo but he was faster than me and my camera so image is =
dodgy!&nbsp; At=20
Fisherman=E2=80=99s Cove there was a lone <STRONG>Long-tailed =
Duck</STRONG>.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><U>On the 15th</U> I got my first sighting and pictures of the=20
<STRONG>Eurasian Kestrel</STRONG> =E2=80=93 thanks to Alain from =
Moncton=E2=80=99s suburb=20
eyesight!&nbsp; On the same day I made some close photos of one of the=20
<STRONG>Snowy Owls</STRONG> as he flew over my head.&nbsp; He had been =
sitting=20
on one of the cone-shaped white insulators behind the Coast Guard Radio =
Shack=20
when he was motivated to move by another photographer!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Pictures of above birds at:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A =
title=3Dhttp://scranlocker.smugmug.com/Nature/Nature-2015/n-3GtBJ=20
href=3D"http://scranlocker.smugmug.com/Nature/Nature-2015/n-3GtBJ">http:/=
/scranlocker.smugmug.com/Nature/Nature-2015/n-3GtBJ</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Paul Murray</DIV>
<DIV>Dartmouth</DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01D034E2.7552FA90--