[NatureNS] Snow depth

From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: NatureNS@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 19:09:13 -0400

Dear All:                                                    Jan 25 2015
    Is snow depth routinely recorded on a time x location grid in NS or
elsewhere ? Snow cover in cold weather, to judge from Kentville's experience
this year, may soon be a very significant cause of ecosystem disruption
here.
    And in that vein, I wonder if most areas now have some snow. I have not
been in woods since Dec 29 but there was almost no snow then & I suspect
essentially none now in North Alton.
Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville