[NatureNS] Snow depth

Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 14:36:35 -0400
From: <plchalmers@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calib
I was chatting with a man who farms on the South Mountain near Kentville on Saturday, while at the Halifax Farmer's Market.  He remarked on the absence of snow in the woods this winter.  I told him that I enjoyed snowshoeing but hadn't found conditions in my area suitable for a number of winters.  He thought about that for a bit, and then remarked that ten or more years ago, nearly every family on his road owned at least one snowmobile, and now he didn't think there was a single one.

Just an anecdote, I know, and not data, but still telling, I think.

Patricia L. Chalmers
Halifax