[NatureNS] Pugwash Harbour

Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 11:49:35 -0400
From: V Redden <reddenville@nncweb.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--------------000401080100060801020706

The Northumberland Strait ice is covered in snow. It actually looks like a windblown farm field. No
ice chunks to be seen.

Virginia Redden

A spark burns down the forest - Ovambo Namibia
On 3/5/2015 6:29 PM, rita.paul@ns.sympatico.ca wrote:
> I don't know exactly where you were Richard but the last few days open
> water is visible from shore around Tancock. Not much ice in Mahone Bay an easterly wind
> will break a lot up.
> My Grandfather used to say St Patricks day was the best day to travel on
> the ice - that is Northumberland Strait ice - a few days yet!
> Enjoy the winter
> Paul
>> On March 5, 2015 at 6:09 PM Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> When Bernard and I were down on the Blandford Peninsula and in Chester last Sat., the sea was
>> frozen in places as far as the eye could see, and in the other places was full of ice chunks, It
>> reminded me of March in Northern Nfld. A local man we met said he's lived there 12 years and has
>> never seen anything like it.
>>
>> Richard
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 5:48 PM, V Redden <reddenville@nncweb.ca <mailto:reddenville@nncweb.ca>>
>> wrote:
>>
>>     Pugwash Harbour is frozen over and all the Rivers. First time that I can remember. The Strait
>>     is frozen as far as I can see. The ducks have all gone somewhere and i haven't found them
>>     again. All winter we had Common and Red-breasted Mergansers and Common Goldeneye. Many times
>>     I examined the flock and did not see any Barrow's Goldeneye.
>>
>>     Virginia Redden
>>     Port Howe NS
>>

>>     --
>>     A spark burns down the forest - Ovambo Namibia
>>

>> --
>> #################
>> Dr.R.B.Stern,
>> P.O. Box 300,
>> Port Williams,
>> N.S., Canada,
>> B0P 1T0
>> Richard Stern,
>> Port Williams, NS, Canada
>> sternrichard@gmail.com <mailto:sternrichard@gmail.com>

--------------000401080100060801020706

  <head>
pe">
  </head>
        is covered in snow. It act<font face=3D"Candara">u</font>ally
        looks like a windblown farm field<font face=3D"Candara">. No ice
          chunks to be seen. <br>
    Ovambo Namibia
      <a class=3D"moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href=3D"mailto:rita.paul@ns.s=
ympatico.ca">rita.paul@ns.sympatico.ca</a> wrote:<br>
cite=3D"mid:1045953764.137885.1425594597715.open-xchange@webmail.bellalia=
nt.net"
      type=3D"cite">
Type">
        days open </div>
        Mahone Bay an easterly wind </div>
        to travel on </div>
        yet! </div>
        border-left-color: blue; border-left-width: 1px;
        border-left-style: solid; position: relative;" type=3D"cite"> On
        March 5, 2015 at 6:09 PM Richard Stern
        <a class=3D"moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href=3D"mailto:sternrichard@gm=
ail.com">&lt;sternrichard@gmail.com&gt;</a> wrote: <br>
            and in Chester last Sat., the sea was frozen in places as
            far as the eye could see, and in the other places was full
            of ice chunks, It reminded me of March in Northern Nfld. A
            local man we met said he's lived there 12 years and has
            never seen anything like it. <br>
          Richard </div>
            Redden <span>&lt;<a moz-do-not-send=3D"true" target=3D"_blank=
"
                href=3D"mailto:reddenville@nncweb.ca">reddenville@nncweb.=
ca</a>&gt;</span>
            wrote: <br>

              1ex; border-left-color: #cccccc; border-left-width: 1px;
              border-left-style: solid;"> Pugwash Harbour is frozen over
              and all the Rivers. First time that I can remember. The
              Strait is frozen as far as I can see. The ducks have all
              gone somewhere and i haven't found them again. All winter
              we had Common and Red-breasted Mergansers and Common
              Goldeneye. Many times I examined the flock and did not see
              any Barrow's Goldeneye. <br>
              Virginia Redden <br>
              Port Howe NS <span class=3D"HOEnZb"><span style=3D"color:
                  #888888;"><br>
                  -- <br>
                  A spark burns down the forest - Ovambo Namibia<br>