[NatureNS] Upcoming Rusty Blackbird Spring Migration Blitz - Year 2

From: Kate Steele <katefsteele@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 20:20:02 -0300
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>,

--001a113ad9507968cb05115bfb0d

Hi everyone,

Year 2 of the Rusty Blackbird Spring Migration Blitz starts in one month!
Rick Whitman sent me this link to a great blog post by Judith Scarl, the
International coordinator of the blitz -
http://blog.aba.org/2015/03/open-mic-battling-bye-bye-blackbird-conserving-a-declining-species.html
It contains a summary of the Rusty Blackbird's decline, how/why the blitz
came to be, some general results from last year's effort, and how to submit
your data.

The dates for Nova Scotia are mid-April to mid-May and I will post updates
as the time approaches. If anyone would like more information now, the Nova
Scotia Bird Society has a dedicated page:
http://nsbirdsociety.ca/index.php/volunteer/rusty-blackbird-spring-migration-blitz
or you can contact me with any questions. Thanks!

Kate
katefsteele@gmail.com
Provincial Coordinator (Nova Scotia)
Rusty Blackbird Spring Migration Blitz

--001a113ad9507968cb05115bfb0d

ackbird Spring Migration Blitz starts in one month! Rick Whitman sent me th=
is link to a great blog post by Judith Scarl, the International coordinator=
 of the blitz - <a href=3D"http://blog.aba.org/2015/03/open-mic-battling-by=
e-bye-blackbird-conserving-a-declining-species.html" target=3D"_blank">http=
://blog.aba.org/2015/03/open-mic-battling-bye-bye-blackbird-conserving-a-de=
clining-species.html</a> It contains a summary of the Rusty Blackbird&#39;s=
 decline, how/why the blitz came to be, some general results from last year=
&#39;s effort, and how to submit your data. <br><br>The dates for Nova Scot=
ia are mid-April to mid-May and I will post updates as the time approaches.=
 If anyone would like more information now, the Nova Scotia Bird Society ha=
s a dedicated page: <a href=3D"http://nsbirdsociety.ca/index.php/volunteer/=
rusty-blackbird-spring-migration-blitz">http://nsbirdsociety.ca/index.php/v=
olunteer/rusty-blackbird-spring-migration-blitz</a> or you can contact me w=
le@gmail.com">katefsteele@gmail.com</a> <br>Provincial Coordinator (Nova Sc=

--001a113ad9507968cb05115bfb0d--