[NatureNS] Saw-Whet

Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 22:32:53 -0300
From: Helene Van Doninck <helene.birdvet@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--001a1133b64a65c62f0511c2698f

If it's that weak she  should try to catch it, she shouldn't be able to pet
it. Would be quite easy to get it by dropping a towel over it and
transferring to a box or pet carrier. We could certainly take it if she can
nab it. It wouldn't likely recognize the hamburger as food and feeding a
potentially emaciated bird without medical care ( warming, rehydration
etc), can be fatal. They can call me at the number below if they need
advice.
Helene

Helene Van Doninck DVM
Cobequid Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre
Hilden Nova Scotia
www.cwrc.net
helene.birdvet@gmail.com
902-893-0253
On Mar 20, 2015 10:20 PM, "bdigout" <bdigout@seaside.ns.ca> wrote:

> Margaret and Jackie Morrison of St. Peter's had a NSWO on their deck
> railing today.  She said it was very tame (maybe weak) and only flew when
> she petted it. I told her it was probably looking for mice around her bird
> feeder. She wanted to know if she should leave out some hamburger in case
> it returns. I told her it couldn't hurt to try.  Any comments?
> Billy

--001a1133b64a65c62f0511c2698f

shouldn&#39;t be able to pet it. Would be quite easy to get it by dropping =
a towel over it and transferring to a box or pet carrier. We could certainl=
y take it if she can nab it. It wouldn&#39;t likely recognize the hamburger=
 as food and feeding a potentially emaciated bird without medical care ( wa=
rming, rehydration etc), can be fatal. They can call me at the number below=
 if they need advice. <br>
Helene</p>
Cobequid Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre<br>
Hilden Nova Scotia<br>
www.cwrc.net<br>
helene.birdvet@gmail.com<br=

902-893-0253</p>
t;bdigout@seaside.ns.ca&gt; wr=
ote:<br type=3D"attribution"><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"mar=
gin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Margaret and Ja=
ckie Morrison of St. Peter&#39;s had a NSWO on their deck railing today.=C2=
=A0 She said it was very tame (maybe weak) and only flew when she petted it=
. I told her it was probably looking for mice around her bird feeder. She w=
anted to know if she should leave out some hamburger in case it returns. I =
told her it couldn&#39;t hurt to try.=C2=A0 Any comments?<br>
Billy<br>

--001a1133b64a65c62f0511c2698f--