[NatureNS] Pygmy Sperm Whale washes up in Halifax Harbour

From: "Hebda, Andrew J" <Andrew.Hebda@novascotia.ca>
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 12:37:41 +0000

------=_NextPart_000_066C_01

According to MARS reports at time of stranding and the examination by the necropsy team,t is a Pygmy Sperm Whale..  The animal was collected by the Marine Animal Rescue Society.

We now have the skeletal remains at the Museum. I will confirm the ID  from the skeletal remains, but the ID seems good  (a small animal)

Andrew

A Hebda
NSM Collections (Zoology)