[NatureNS] Turkey Vulture/ Goshawk?

From: "Laviolette, Lance (EXP)" <lance.laviolette@lmco.com>
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 14:43:53 +0000

tyle=
--_004_990B3EE94E8A61448C998FEBAEAFC0240B04603CHCXDSPM2calmcoc_

--_000_990B3EE94E8A61448C998FEBAEAFC0240B04603CHCXDSPM2calmcoc_

Hi John,

Another bird that fits the description of a dihedral wing pattern and longe=
r tail would be a Northern Harrier. I expect you are very familiar with the=
m however the light conditions you describe would affect its appearance to =
the naked eye and a migrating bird would fly differently and have a differe=
nt body/wing shape than is often seen when birds are hunting over the dunes=
.

Of course, it could be none of the above, it being Nova Scotia and spring m=
igration having started so something from far away could show up unexpected=
ly.

All the best,

Lance

Lance Laviolette