[NatureNS] dead NSWO

From: Donna Crossland <dcrossland@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 17:01:45 -0300

I must admit that I chuckled.  I appreciate the humour.  It's an otherwise
dark subject regarding saw-whets.  Having been involved with nesting
saw-whets last spring (with juveniles banded by Bernard Forsythe), my heart
drops a little knowing how tough the deep winter snows have been on them.  I
suppose that my juveniles and adult female flew somewhere farther south in
New England (I hope the went even farther than this, as it was very cold and
snows were deep there, too).  I will check the saw-whet nest box soon.
Given this past winter, I appreciate some humour, and can recognize when it
is not really a slight against women.

Donna
Given the high mortality this past few months, can someone tell me if there
is a website where anyone can go to see if/when leg band numbers are turned
in? I should already know the answer to this, but I don't. (Bernard gave me
the numbers for our little saw-whets.)