[NatureNS] Dead Northern Saw-Whet Owls

From: "Laviolette, Lance (EXP)" <lance.laviolette@lmco.com>
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 20:35:32 +0000

Hi Donna,

Donna asked:

>Given the high mortality this past few months, can someone tell me if there is a website where
>anyone can go to see if/when leg band numbers are turned in?

There is no website where you can check on the status of a band #. There is only a web site where you can report the band number of a band that has been found. When a band number is reported by someone, the bander will automatically be informed of the encounter and the situation in which the band was found. In your case, you would have to ask Bernie if any of the saw-whets you were interested in have been reported so far this winter.

All the best,

Lance

Lance Laviolette
Glen Robertson, Ontario