[NatureNS] Siskins ans redpolls

Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 18:07:16 -0300
From: Rick Whitman <dendroica.caerulescens@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

There are more choices now. The Goldfinches chow down on my black oil
sunflower seeds first to get the calories burning. Then they move to a
huge sugar maple tree and hit the buds. They strip the scales off and
eat the insides, which I expect are already packed with nutrients.
Their work can be seen below but will probably not be detectable when
flowering and leaf-out comes.
Rick W.