[NatureNS] Woodcocks, Fox Sparrows and Robins

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2015 11:53:49 -0300

What a wonderful sound outside. I took my tea and sat out on the step rail
for 1/4 hour before I had to get moving.

Last sighting of Woodcocks was about 10:30 last evening. About suppertime a
second one appeared in the yard and was frantically feeding.

Still have many Fox sparrows; there were 11 at dusk last evening and more
now.  Robins. We have many. We drove around Western Head this am about 10
and there were many Robins and two quite large groups Fox Sparrows as well
as singles along the pavement edge. What a wonderful flash of colour when
the sun caught them as they flew into a thicket.

Grackles were in the pine trees when we got home. I am hoping the Robins
encourage them to keep moving.

Marg Millard, White Point, Queens

Marg Millard
19 White Point 2 Rd.,