[NatureNS] robin eating wooly bear caterpillar

From: nancy dowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2015 14:25:30 -0300
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

I just watched a Robin swoop in and snap up a Wooly Bear Caterpillar that was making its way over the snowbanks in front of the sliding doors. Not a very palatable meal, I would think, but times are tough. According to this article (5th paragraph down) there are some birds capable of dealing with the bristles: http://northernwoodlands.org/outside_story/article/wild-myths-woolly-bears

Nancy