[NatureNS] Woodcocks, Fox sparrows and Robins

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2015 10:06:03 -0300

My word what a day it is already!! The Fox sparrows seem to be massing.
There were 15 a couple minutes ago in the apple tree out back, more under
the grapevine and even more out by the hemlock and fir in front; a full
house I would say. I thought they were somewhat solitary creatures.
Some Robins have moved off, last evening they were everywhere they could
find green, even tucked in along the foundation next door. I am afraid we
will have to pick up many dead ones before long.........the fog last evening
didn't seem to open up much green but things are thawing now.

I haven't seen a woodcock yet today. There are even more Grackles and they
seemed to be setting up sites, darn. Starlings are plentiful and increasing
in numbers and Juncos are everywhere. Other sparrows are plentiful. I think
I will walk down the road a ways to see if the Woodcocks are moving to the
shoreline Hopefully)

Marg Millard
19 White Point 2 Rd.,
White Point, Queens Co.,