[NatureNS] Am. Woodcock, Robins, Coots, Backyard Feeder Birds

From: GayleMacLean <duartess@EastLink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2015 11:07:19 -0300

--Boundary_(ID_E7CrgfQpq5X3ydYSRvMCQw)

 Just returned from a great walk with my Springer Spaniels down along Pr=
ince Albert Rd=2C =26 along the bridge =26 walkway by the lock =26 Banoo=
k Canoe Club to see if the Am=2E Woodcocks were still there=2E I did see=
 2=2C in amongst the old leaves =26 needles=2C one resting and the other=
 doing a slow swaying walk underneath the big evergreen trees=2E There w=
ere a few Robins=2E A chap was there taking some pictures of some Cedar =
Waxwings and kept back until he was able to get his shot=2E Continued do=
wn around Sullivan=27s Pond and saw 3 Am=2E Coots=2C 1 male Common Merga=
nser=2C lots of Mallards and a couple Widgeons=2E There were many gulls =
there as well=2E The male Ring-necked pheasant that has been in the gree=
n belt behind our house for the past month=2C seems to have moved on=2E =
Three female =26 1 male Northern Cardinals are still frequenting my feed=
ers=2C as they have been all winter=2E And the females seem to be in con=
stant squabbles=2C chasing each other around=2E Lots of chickadees=2C so=
ng sparrows=2C white-throated sparrows=2C Am Goldfinch=2C Hairy =26 Down=
ey woodpeckers=2C 1 Flicker=2C numerous Robins=2E Am putting out diced a=
pples and blueberries=2E They seem to be finding them which is good! =

 =

All the best!
 =

Gayle MacLean
Dartmouth

--Boundary_(ID_E7CrgfQpq5X3ydYSRvMCQw)

=3CDIV=3E=26nbsp=3BJust returned from a great walk with my Springer Span=
iels down along Prince Albert Rd=2C =26amp=3B along the bridge =26amp=3B=
 walkway by the lock =26amp=3B Banook Canoe Club to see if the Am=2E Woo=
dcocks were still there=2E I did see 2=2C in amongst the old leaves =26a=
mp=3B needles=2C one resting and the other doing a slow swaying walk und=
erneath the big evergreen trees=2E There were a few Robins=2E A chap was=
 there taking some pictures of some Cedar Waxwings and kept back until h=
e was able to get his shot=2E Continued down around Sullivan=27s Pond an=
d saw 3 Am=2E Coots=2C 1 male Common Merganser=2C lots of Mallards and a=
 couple Widgeons=2E There were many gulls there as well=2E The male Ring=
-necked pheasant that has been in the green belt behind our house for th=
e past month=2C seems to have moved on=2E=26nbsp=3BThree female =26amp=3B=
 1 male Northern Cardinals are still frequenting my feeders=2C as they h=
ave been all winter=2E And the females seem to be in constant squabbles=2C=
 chasing each other around=2E=26nbsp=3BLots of chickadees=2C song sparro=
ws=2C white-throated sparrows=2C Am Goldfinch=2C Hairy =26amp=3B Downey =
woodpeckers=2C 1 Flicker=2C numerous Robins=2E Am putting out diced appl=
es and blueberries=2E They seem to be finding them which is good! =3C/DI=
V=3E=3CDIV=3E=26nbsp=3B=3C/DIV=3E=3CDIV=3EAll the best!=3C/DIV=3E=3CDIV=3E=
=26nbsp=3B=3C/DIV=3E=3CDIV=3EGayle MacLean=3C/DIV=3E=3CDIV=3EDartmouth=3C=
/DIV=3E

--Boundary_(ID_E7CrgfQpq5X3ydYSRvMCQw)--