[NatureNS] Feeder birds

Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2015 20:48:24 -0300
From: Don MacNeill <donmacneill@bellaliant.net>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--------------010108000303020008040801

Thanks Dave.  Perhaps Hope or Helene might have some additional
comments.  My neighbour has been putting out blueberries for robins and
that is quite successful.

Don

Don MacNeill donmacneill@bellaliant.net
On 08/04/2015 8:11 PM, David & Alison Webster wrote:
> Hi Don & All,
>     In 1958, as part of a Bird Depredation project, I had some birds
> in captivity for testing and had to feed them for several weeks. I
> don't recall the entire recipe but it was largely milk and hard-boiled
> eggs pulped in a blender to form a slurry. If a bird were near
> starvation then such a diet might be excessively rich so I would be
> inclined to have at least two parts apple for one part egg; just a guess.
> Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
    might have some additional comments.  My neighbour has been putting
    out blueberries for robins and that is quite successful.<br>
    Don<br>
      donmacneill@bellaliant.net</div>
      Alison Webster wrote:<br>
      type="cite">
        http-equiv="Content-Type">
        some birds in captivity for testing and had to feed them for
        several weeks. I don't recall the entire recipe but it was
        largely milk and hard-boiled eggs pulped in a blender to form a
        slurry. If a bird were near starvation then such a diet might be
        excessively rich so I would be inclined to have at least two
        parts apple for one part egg; just a guess.</div>
        5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"
        dir="ltr">
          black"><b>From:</b> <a moz-do-not-send="true"
            title="donmacneill@bellaliant.net"
            href="mailto:donmacneill@bellaliant.net">Don MacNeill</a> </div>
            moz-do-not-send="true" title="naturens@chebucto.ns.ca"
            href="mailto:naturens@chebucto.ns.ca">naturens@chebucto.ns.ca</a>
          2015 7:25 PM</div>
          Feeder birds</div>
          an American Robin has been eating them</font>.  It has just
        been joined by a solitary Bohemian Waxwing which is also eating
        the apples.<br>
        A friend has heard that hard-boiled eggs are good protein for
        robins.<br>
        Don<br>
            moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
            href="mailto:donmacneill@bellaliant.net">donmacneill@bellaliant.net</a></div>
          Lindsay wrote:<br>