[NatureNS] problems with posting?

Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 17:09:21 -0300
From: Rick Ballard <ideaphore@gmail.com>
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

an&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;span style=3D"FON
--001a113ee17034bd2005135039b9

I use GMail, and what I do is setup a filter that applies a label
'NatureNS' and skips the inbox if an email Matches: to:(
naturens@chebucto.ns.ca). Then all mail to or from NatureNS gets this
label, and ends up in a sort of folder. The label is listed on the left
hand side and shows the number of unread email with that label.

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 4:44 PM, Ronald Arsenault <rongarsenault@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello Bev and all,
>
> At least on some lists, subscribers can select whether or not to recieve
> copies of one's postings. I do not recall specifically for Nature NS, but=
> do recall turning off this option on some lists. I suspect the feature is
> available on Nature NS, but that the default is "off" when one subscribes
> to this list. Thus, one would need to know how to change this option. Thi=
> is likely described in the welcome message.
>
> Ron
> On Apr 9, 2015 3:34 PM, "James Hirtle" <jrhbirder@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> What is being described below happened to me about a year ago.  You
>> likely will need to go into your email section and you will find that yo=
>> have accidently blocked yourself somehow.  You will need to remove the
>> block.  Thats how I ended up getting the problem resolved and getting th=
>> email postings again that I was sending through.
>>
>> James R. Hirtle
>> LaHave
>>

>>  ------------------------------
>> To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
>> From: mythos25@live.com
>> Subject: RE: [NatureNS] problems with posting?
>> Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 15:04:16 -0300
>>
>>  It cannot be this listserv because I always receive my own posts on my
>> phone, tablet and desktop.
>>
>> Sent from my Windows Phone
>>  ------------------------------

Or
>> is it a problem peculiar to particular host e-mail systems, like gmail t=
hat
>> Rick mentioned (I don't use gmail though)?
>>
>> If this is a known problem and a solution is also understood, it would b=
>> useful to have it clarified here by the current moderator or by someone
>> else who knows how the system works.
>> Steve (Halifax)
>> which did not appear on my site, but this morning I verified that it had
>> appeared on the NatureNS site yesterday.
>> I have reported my problem to: naturens-owner@chebucto.ns.ca<mailto:
>> naturens-owner@chebucto.ns.ca>
>> Hopefully this problem can be resolved for both of us!
>>
>> Eleanor Lindsay
>> St Margarets Bay
>>

>> On 09/04/2015 10:07 AM, bev wigney wrote:
>>
>> All,
>>
>> Can someone let me know if they are receiving my posts to NatureNS.  I
>> just sent a reply about the citiEn science project -Thousand Eyes a whic=
>> Chrisopher Majka worked on with the NSMNH a few years ago, but I don't s=
ee
>> it appearing in my NatureNs emails.  It occurs to me that another recent
>> post - I believe it was to Steve Shaw about virgin's bower and insects
>> found on it - may not ever have gone through.  Perhaps it was because bo=
th
>> of my posts contained links to webpages.
>>
>> regards,
>> Bev Wigney
>> Round Hill

--=20
Rick Ballard
Dartmouth,Nova Scotia, Canada

--001a113ee17034bd2005135039b9

serif">I use GMail, and what I do is setup a filter that applies a label &#=
39;NatureNS&#39; and skips the inbox if an email=C2=A0<span style=3D"font-f=
amily:arial,sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-size:14.3999996185303px;backgr=
ound-color:rgb(245,245,245)">Matches:=C2=A0</span><span class=3D"" style=3D=
"font-family:arial,sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-size:14.3999996185303px=
;background-color:rgb(245,245,245)">to:(<a href=3D"mailto:naturens@chebucto=
.ns.ca">naturens@chebucto.ns.ca</a>)</span>. Then all mail to or from Natur=
eNS gets this label, and ends up in a sort of folder. The label is listed o=
n the left hand side and shows the number of unread email with that label.<=
, Apr 9, 2015 at 4:44 PM, Ronald Arsenault <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D=
"mailto:rongarsenault@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">rongarsenault@gmail.com<=
/a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:=
0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><p dir=3D"ltr">Hell=
o Bev and all,</p>
ot to recieve copies of one&#39;s postings. I do not recall specifically fo=
r Nature NS, but I do recall turning off this option on some lists. I suspe=
ct the feature is available on Nature NS, but that the default is &quot;off=
&quot; when one subscribes to