[NatureNS] feeder birds and Ring-billed Gull oddity

Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 17:37:00 -0300
From: bdigout <bdigout@seaside.ns.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

On 09 Apr 2015 19:51, bdigout wrote:
> We've kept a Robin alive the last week or so with some suet I got
> from a butcher. He/She's tearing it apart on the ground near the
> feeders. A Fox Sparrow and two Song Sparrows have been at the feeders
> for the last few days and yesterday our first flock of Grackles
> appeared.
>   I know R.B.Gulls are quite common in some areas.  I've been
> observing the gulls in our school parking lot for the last 10 years
> or
> so. Lots of

Sorry about that.  I didn't think this message had been sent as I had
computer problems.  We're used to lots of Herring, some Iceland and
Bl.Backed Gulls.  There's been a large influx of R.B.Gulls in our school
parking lot.  I've never seen more than one or two at a time, and by
this time of year they'd be gone.  The last few days we've probably had
40 or so.  Would this have something to do with our late spring?  Any
comments?
Billy