[NatureNS] Fox Sparrow arrivals

From: Eric Mills <E.Mills@Dal.Ca>
To: Nature NS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
CC: Anne Mills <ocotillo8@gmail.com>,
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 12:12:02 +0000

--_000_142875432459094382DalCa_

Fox Sparrows are hard to track. For example, since our first of the season =
at feeders on March 30, we have had one or two every day, sometimes distinc=
tive individuals but more often than not it has been difficult to determine=
 how many were involved. I suspect a steady turnover.

This morning, after several days with only one, a new individual has arrive=
d at our feeders. More to the point, yesterday evening (April 10) our daugh=
ter Karen, who lives a couple of kilometers away in Riverport, found about =
a dozen newly arrived Fox Sparrows along with Song Sparrows at her feeders.=
 It appears that the rain and southerly winds brought in a new crop.

Eric L. Mills

Lower Rose Bay

Lunenburg Co., NS

--_000_142875432459094382DalCa_

<head>
1">
n-bottom:0;} --></style>
</head>
ground-color:#FFFFFF;font-family:Calibri,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">
on at feeders on March 30, we have had one or two every day, sometimes dist=
inctive individuals but more often than not it has been difficult to determ=
ine how many were involved. I suspect
 a steady turnover.<br>
ived at our feeders. More to the point,&nbsp;yesterday evening (April 10) o=
ur daughter Karen, who lives a couple of kilometers away in Riverport, foun=
d about a dozen newly arrived&nbsp;Fox&nbsp;Sparrows
 along with&nbsp;Song&nbsp;Sparrows at her feeders. It appears that the rai=
n and southerly winds brought in a new crop.</p>

--_000_142875432459094382DalCa_--