[NatureNS] No Greater White-fronted Goose - Canard, NS on April 11th

From: Christopher <cpetershfx@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 18:30:20 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Everyone,

I observed birds at the Intersection of Junction 341 and HWY 358 today (April 11th) .   This is in the community of Canard in Kings County.   A Greater White-fronted Goose was seen at this location as recently as Thursday.   After two hours of looking with a scope I was unable to relocate this bird.   I also went to the Wellington Dyke and to the east end of HWY 358 with no luck.  However, I did see 750 Canada Geese in total, many black ducks and mallards.

Chris Peters