[NatureNS] new video

Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 08:28:30 -0300
From: Rick Whitman <dendroica.caerulescens@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

It was interesting to see their feeding behaviour documented in your
video, Paul. I think the great majority of the Woodcock are along the
Atlantic coast but a few made it further north. Conditions here will
have been at least as difficult for them. There were two birds working
the few, very small open areas along the upper Gaspereau River on
Friday. I was able to photograph one to my satisfaction, showing the
gorgeous patterns on the back. It is interesting how a pattern that is
this intricate is, in fact, perfectly symmetrical, allowing for very
minimal feather adjustment on each side.

http://rickwhitman.smugmug.com/Nature/Birds-April-June-2015/i-KJN4PHX/A

Rick Whitman