[NatureNS] wind turbines

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 09:15:38 -0300

Thank you, Andrew, another thing for me to read. These wind turbines are
very bird like sculptures and personally a couple at a time, I do not find
them unpleasant to look at until we find a safe alternative....but what
damage they can do? and how to minimized or  prevent it. I was made quite
anxious, no maybe disturbed would be a better description,  by the plans I
am hearing with regards to the plans in the presentations. I am also
fascinated by the design and the capability of these machines. Having been
involved in various engineering fields in my line of work, part of me would
love to embrace them.  Marg, White Point

This is a very insightful paper from 2007 by Barclay et al, regarding
turbines bats and birds..  a comprehensive summary of data at the time .

http://www.altamontsrc.org/alt_doc/barclay_et_al_2007_bat_and_bird_mortality_variation.pdf

Quite readable, and points to clear patternsregarding to effect on migrating
bats and birds - specifically relating to nacelle heights

Andrew
A Hebda NSM Collections