[NatureNS] tree swallow, Canada Geese in Kings Co.

From: "Judy" <tandove@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "NatureNS" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 11:39:40 -0300

Yesterday afternoon Apr 18 / 15

Single Tree Swallow flew over car on road to Porter's Point, Lr. Canard.

3-4,000 Canada Geese resting/feeding  in stubble field beside the Habitant
river, s.e. of Canning off Rte 358,

while another 300 Canada Geese were in field south of Habitant R. behind
Canning business area,

60+ Black Ducks mingling in with the two flocks. 1000s of gulls in and
around Canning.

Saxon St Pond:  male Hooded Merganser and pair of Mallards.

New at our Wolfville Ridge feeders: Male Purple Finch last Thurs Apr 16,
White-thr. Sparrow on 14th along with 2 more Song Sparrows to join our
wintering single bird.  'Our' robin has moved on.

Judy Tufts

 Judy Tufts

Wolfville NS

<<<<<<<<<