[NatureNS] Squid

From: "Hebda, Andrew J" <Andrew.Hebda@novascotia.ca>
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 00:19:47 +0000

Back in the late 70s we had both species.

The Loligo would turn up early in the season and spawn in shallow waters (egg masses looked like bundlkes of latex gloves)

Later (usually in Aug) the Illex would show up... but they spawned in open water with large geltinous egg masses..

not sure what s going on nowadays.. - Will chekc to see if there is anypone left in the O'Dor squid lab at Dal.

Andrew