[NatureNS] wood ducks at still frozen L Torment

From: nancy dowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 16:39:30 -0300
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

Today there was a pair of Wood Ducks in the open water around the edges of still frozen L Torment (E Dalhousie, corner of Kings, Annap and Lun Counties). New arrivals from last week. Wood Ducks have nested in the nearby Barred Owl box before so I will see what's up in the next few days.

And Common Loons in full breeding plumage have reached the mainly ice-free New Germany Lake. This is the farthest in from the coast I had seen any so far.

An amazing amount of water gushing through the North River system after the heavy rains last night. The trees should start drawing a lot of that up soon.

Nancy